Andy just asked “What are you working on in Perl?” but rather than reply in a comment, I thought it would be a good Ironman post of my own, so here we go:
- CPAN Meta Spec version 2 – I released the final spec and will soon be looking to rally toolchain developers to implement it.
- CPAN Testers 2.0 – I launched CPAN Testers 2.0 Beta site, the eventual replacement for the current practice of sending CPAN Testers reports over email and I’m continuing to monitor it, tweak it and fix little bugs
- Perl 5 core development – I’m scheduled to be the release-engineer for Perl 5.13.3 in July. In addition, my goals for Perl 5.13 include getting HTTP support for CPAN clients into the core, simplifying CPAN configuration further and implementing CPAN Meta.
- Drafting a formal description of the expectations for Perl build systems that use Build.PL. Right now it’s only Module::Build, but it could be other things in the future. I’ve started a very rough draft of what cpan clients should expect Build.PL (and the resulting Build) to support.
- Dist::Zilla – I’ve been converting my distributions over to Dist::Zilla as I work on them. It’s a huge time saver for me (something I hope to blog about more later). I’ve also implemented some plugins recently: DZP::CheckExtraTests, DZP::BumpVersionFromGit and DZP::Twitter
- I converted the Module::Build repository to git to encourage more contributions and to make it easier to apply them. I released a development version, 0.36_08, with some recent additions.
Here are several other things released to CPAN in the last couple months not mentioned above:
- File-chdir-0.1003 – maintenance release for 5.13.X
- Acme-Module-Build-Tiny-0.04 – a half-serious replacement for Module::Build
- Version-Next-0.001 – increment module version numbers simply and correctly
- ExtUtils-CBuilder-0.2703 – better Windows support for MSVC
- Net-Amazon-Config-0.001 – simple utility to manage Amazon Web Services credentials
- CPAN-Visitor-0.001 – generic traversal of distributions in a local CPAN or minicpan repository
- Capture-Tiny-0.07 – the only output capturing program you should ever need