I’ve updated my Perl 5, Version 13 talk to include the latest new features from 5.13.6 and 5.13.7.
Some of the highlights:
- New regex modifiers to force unicode or locale-specific semantics (5.13.6)
- Regular expression retain original semantics when interpolated later (5.13.6)
- Array and hash functions (push, pop, keys, etc.) work on array and hash references (5.13.7)
- Set default regular expression modifiers in a lexical scope (5.13.7)
- Non-destructive transliteration (y///r) just like substitution (s///r) (5.13.7)