As I wrote How to think about equity compensation, I found the following articles helpful:
- A No B.S. Guide to Startup Stock Option Grants
- Dissecting startup failure rates by stage
- Employee compensation and one-year equity grants
- Equity 101 for Software Engineers at Big Tech and Startups
- How to get rich in tech, guaranteed.
- Series A, B, C Funding: Averages, Investors, Valuations
- Series A, B, C Funding: How It Works
- Startup Funding Stages You Should Know About
- The Venture Capital Funnel
- Typical Employee Equity Levels
- What Percentage of AngelList Seed-Stage Startups Become Unicorns?
- Why startups are hard — the math of venture capital returns tells the story
- You Probably Shouldn’t Work at a Startup
Additional articles since then:
- Startup options vs cash (Excellent!)